How do I get access to data in the ODS?
To gain access to one or more of the ODS roles:
- Decide which Role(s) you need. Some ways to do this include:
- asking your supervisor or co-workers
- using the “Roles and Views” search in the “ODS Data Dictionary Documentation” section on this page
- using the “Most Used Views” section on this page
- Go to the AAR portal and select “Data Access Request” under “Application Systems” in the right side menu
- You may need to click on the words “Application Systems” to expand the list to see the Data Access Request application
- Select “Requester” from the “Login As” menu and submit your request to the Role(s) you need
- Your supervisor will get an email that they have a request to act upon using the same Data Access Request tool.
- If they do not approve or deny your request within 30 days, your request will be automatically denied.
- If your request is approved by your supervisor, the data steward appointed for your department will use the same tool to make final approval on your request.
- If the data steward does not approve or deny your request within 30 days of the supervisor approval date, your request will be automatically denied.
- If approved by the data steward, you will be granted access to the data you requested
- You will be notified via email as each approval or denial is made through the process.
- You can check the status of your request at any time by logging back into the Data Access Request application and viewing the “Previous Requests” section of the page. As approvals or denials are made, the dates will be updated in that section.