Information Systems will upgrade the Banner Student Information System (SIS), aka ARIES, to a new technology platform April 17th – April 19th
Hello Campus Community Members,
Information Systems will upgrade the Banner Student Information System (SIS), also known as ARIES, to a new technology platform April 17th – April 19th. This is a major milestone of the CSU System Joint Banner Project (JBP). This upgrade of the SIS is a foundational step which will allow CSU-Pueblo to move into the Banner system operated by Colorado State University-Fort Collins.
During this 3-day conversion, Banner and several other systems will be offline. Affected systems include:
- Banner Admin Pages, Banner Self Service (SSB), u.Achieve, Transferology
- RAMweb, ARIESweb, FAMweb
- Select RAMmobile functions such as grades, courses, & notifications
- eIDentity (create and modify)
- MyHousing (new student applications for housing)
- Operational Data Store (ODS)
- Banner Job Submission, Banner Workflow, BDMS
- A/R Payment Processing related to Banner, Registration, Transcript Requests
After the upgrade, there should be no visible impact to our current operations. All affected systems are scheduled to be available for use on Monday April 20th.
The JBP is a multi-year effort to upgrade and integrate student administrative computer operations between CSU-Fort Collins and CSU-Pueblo. The result will bring together a range of functions, from student information and registration to managing secure online identities for faculty, staff and students. The timeline calls for CSU-Pueblo students to be able to register in March 2021 for classes in Banner for the Fall 2021 semester.
More information about the JBP can be found from Source articles or by contacting Shawn Baker in Information Systems or Chris Seng in Enrollment and Access.