Colorado State University
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Systems Administrator to work at Colorado State University, one of Colorado’s premier higher education institutions. The position is located in CSU’s central Information Systems Department (IS). The IS Department is involved in production support and maintenance of CSU’s central administrative systems. Position will work as a team member in the IS Department and will be involved in deployment and ongoing production support and maintenance of Linux, AIX, and SAN storage systems. Must be a team player, analytical thinker, possess strong interpersonal skills, and be organized and able to take initiative to solve problems. Must have ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
Required Job Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related area; plus minimum 3 years of enterprise-level systems support in Oracle Linux and/or other Red Hat Linux derivatives.
2. Skills in supporting Linux with VM virtualization.
3. Skill and experience with Linux-based operating systems concepts such as: paging and swapping, inter-process communications, devices, device drivers, systems analysis, and tuning.
4. Ability to program in common shell scripts such as BASH and Korn Shell.
5. Skills in supporting SAN storage environments.
6. Strong written communication skills.
For a complete position announcement, qualifications and application instructions please visit:
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.